Terms and Conditions of Use
This agreement is between LaLaLi, LLC (“LaLaLi”) and users of LaLaLi’s products, services, and websites (“You”).
- Although LaLaLi may attempt to notify You when major changes are made to the Terms and Conditions of Use, You should periodically review the most up-to-date version at www.LaLaLi.us/TandC. LaLaLi may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise the Terms and Conditions of Use at any time, and You agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions.
You may be permanently banned from the Service if You do any of the following:
- Attack or demean individuals or groups,
- Engage in predatory behavior, stalking, harassment, or intimidation,
- Engage in offensive speech,
- Engage in bullying.
You also may be banned if you take any other action that LaLaLi determines is harmful to the Service or the use of the Service by others, or is in violation of applicable law.
- In order to access some features of the Service, You will have to create a LaLaLi account. You may not use another user’s account without permission. When creating your account, You must provide accurate and complete information. You are responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and You must keep your account password secure. You must notify LaLaLi immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
- LaLaLi will not be liable for any losses to You caused by any unauthorized use of your account.
General Use of the Service
LaLaLi grants You permission to access and use the Service as set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use, provided that:
- You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Service.
- You agree not to use the Service for any of the following commercial uses unless you obtain LaLaLi’s prior written approval:
- the sale of access to the Service; or
- the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the Service, including any content shared on the Service.
- In your use of the Service, You will comply with all applicable laws.
- LaLaLi reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time.
Your Use of Content
In addition to the general restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of musical content (“Content”):
- Content on the Service, and the trademarks, service marks and logos on the Service, are owned by or licensed to LaLaLi, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law.
- You may access Content for your personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Service and as permitted under the Terms and Conditions of Use. You shall not copy, distribute, broadcast, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of LaLaLi or the respective licensors of the Content. LaLaLi and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service and the Content.
- You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the Content therein.
- You understand and acknowledge that You may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies You have or may have against LaLaLi with respect thereto, and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, agree to indemnify and hold harmless LaLaLi, its owners, operators, affiliates, licensors, and licensees to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the Service.
Your Content; License to LaLaLi
- As a LaLaLi account holder, You may submit Content to the Service. You understand that LaLaLi does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Content you submit.
- You shall be solely responsible for your own Content and the consequences of submitting your Content on the Service. You affirm, represent, and warrant that You own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish Content You submit; and You license to LaLaLi all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to such Content for publication on the Service pursuant to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
- You retain all of your ownership rights in your Content. However, by submitting Content to LaLaLi, You hereby grant LaLaLi a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, monetize, distribute, modify, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and LaLaLi’s (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, modify, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under the Terms and Conditions of Use.
- You are free to remove your Content at any time. You understand and agree, however, that LaLaLi may retain, but not display, distribute or perform, server copies of your Content that have been removed or deleted by You. Further, You understand and agree that any Content you have submitted, as thereafter modified by any other user of the Services, which has been previously downloaded by any other user or person will remain within the control of such user or person.
- You further agree that Content You submit to the Service will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless You have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant LaLaLi all of the license rights granted herein.
- LaLaLi expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Content. LaLaLi does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Service, and LaLaLi will remove all Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. LaLaLi reserves the right to remove Content without prior notice.
Account Termination Policy
- LaLaLi will terminate a user’s access to the Service if, under appropriate circumstances, the user is determined to have infringed the Terms and Conditions of Use.
- LaLaLi reserves the right to decide whether Content violates the Terms and Conditions of Use for reasons other than copyright infringement, such as, but not limited to, pornography, obscenity, or excessive length. LaLaLi may at any time, without prior notice and in its sole discretion, remove such Content and/or terminate a user’s account for submitting such material in violation of the Terms and Conditions of Use.
If You purchase products or services directly from LaLaLi, You authorize LaLaLi to charge You the applicable fees, including any ongoing charges for subscription renewals, through the designated payment method. You understand and acknowledge that LaLaLi may adjust the pricing for its products and services in the future and that You will be charged such adjusted fees on a going forward-basis after notice to You from LaLaLi. If You purchase a subscription from LaLaLi, your subscription will automatically renew at the end of each subscription term until You cancel the subscription. If You cancel a subscription, Your subscription will terminate at the end of Your current subscription period. You acknowledge that any payments You make to LaLaLi are nonrefundable. LaLaLi may, at its discretion, provide You with a credit or refund, but such issuance of a credit or refund does not obligate LaLaLi to provide You credits or refunds in the future.
Virtual Currency Policy
You may earn virtual currency within the Service. Earned virtual currency is credited to your customer account and LaLaLi provides You a license to use such virtual currency. Accordingly, You have no ownership or other property interest in the virtual currency, and all rights in and to the virtual currency shall forever be owned by and enure to the benefit of LaLaLi. You may only redeem virtual currency to purchase goods within the Service. Upon redemption of any virtual currency by You, the amount available in your virtual currency account is reduced by the amount redeemed. Virtual currency is not redeemable for cash, except as required by applicable law. Your customer account and any unused balances in that account may not be given or sold and are not assignable or transferable. Accordingly, You may not trade, give, sell or attempt to sell virtual currency or other product items for “real” money, or exchange those items or currency for value of any kind outside of the Service. Any gift, sale, transfer or assignment is prohibited and void and will subject a Your virtual currency account to termination. LaLaLi reserves the right to suspend, terminate, or revoke the use of virtual currency or Your virtual currency account at any time in its discretion, with or without cause or prior notice, subject to applicable law. LaLaLi also reserves the right to terminate the license to your account and all of the virtual currency in it if such account has been inactive for 180 days.
Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright or Other Intellectual Property Infringements
If You are an intellectual property owner or agent thereof and believe that any Content on the Service infringes any rights that You own or represent, then You may submit a notification of claimed infringement and we will respond accordingly. Please see www.LaLaLi.us/copyright for further information on how to submit a notification of claimed infringement. The terms and conditions set forth at www.LaLaLi.us/copyright, including our Repeat Infringer Policy, are hereby incorporated into and made a part of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, LALALI ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. LALALI ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF LALALI’S SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SERVICE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICE. LALALI DOES NOT ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND LALALI WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL LALALI, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF LALALI’S SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SERVICE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT LALALI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
The Service is controlled and offered by LaLaLi from its facilities in the United States of America. LaLaLi makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless LaLaLi, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service; (ii) your violation of any term of the Terms and Conditions of Use; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that your Content caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive the Terms and Conditions of Use and your use of the Service.
Ability to Accept Terms and Conditions of Use
You affirm that you are either 13 years of age or older, an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into and comply with the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.
The Terms and Conditions of Use, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by You, but may be assigned by LaLaLi without restriction.
You agree that: (i) the Service shall be deemed solely based in Indiana; and (ii) the Service does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over LaLaLi, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than Indiana. The Terms and Conditions of Use shall be governed by the laws of the State of Indiana, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Any claim or dispute between You and LaLaLi that arises in whole or in part from the Service shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Indianapolis, Indiana. If any provision of the Terms and Conditions of Use is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of the Terms and Conditions of Use, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any provision of the Terms and Conditions of Use shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such provision or any other provision, and any failure by LaLaLi to assert any right or provision under the Terms and Conditions of Use shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. LaLaLi reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of Use at any time without notice. It is your responsibility to review the Terms and Conditions of Use for any changes. Your use of the Service following any amendment of the Terms and Conditions of Use will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms. YOU AND LALALI AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.